Friday, March 3, 2017

Reviving my blog

Hello everyone, Where had last year gone? I feel like I only stopped updating my blog a few months ago and with Pablo re-working our website I knew now was the time for me to get back to work on my blog. Let me briefly bring everyone up to date on Riverlands.

Well 2016 was a pretty normal year for us. no major storms or disasters to slow us down. Our Board of Directors headed by then President Mark Smith was responsible for finally getting our new kitchen ceiling installed as well as finally completing the improvements to our men's locker room. While we still have more work to do on the clubhouse its almost all little things.

The golf course did see a cutback on Maintenance labor as did most of the other departments. While the cutbacks did effect our course conditions to some extent we had a few volunteer groups that came out and helped on some of the Mondays. One thing we were able to try was the new Dryject Aerification process. This is where a special machine is used to punch holes in the greens and fill them up with sand, all at the same time. I really love the process but it is extremely labor intensive and costly.