Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winding down the year

The week before Christmas generally leaves me with a very small crew. A few of my workers save their Vacation time till now when we are much slower. Monday and Tuesday I was down to four crew-members. Needless to say our work slows down with expectations of a new year and what we may be able to accomplish. We still have many things to keep us busy, like blowing the leaves to out of play areas and vacuuming them up. Cleaning up plant beds and taking the year end inventories. I will be getting ready to do a year end review of my department as well as a wish list on new projects for 2011.

I must say that it would be easy to get into a rut from our low budget and take the stand that we cannot afford to do anything so why try. I have been in this business for 23 years now and only remembering of about 4 years in that time where money issues were not a concern. Because of this I had always been trying to do something with nothing. I have almost perfected that motto I believe that we are only limited by our imaginations and that, "can't never could do anything"!

So MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone and a "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to all from the RIVERLANDS MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT.