Tuesday, November 9, 2010

50 year old shop takes some maintenance!


I have spent the last two days doing some much needed electrical work in our maintenance shop. Since it was 50 years old I have to imagine that the main electrical feeds and breaker boxes were about the same age. Ours had become a serious problem since they had never had cover plates on them since I have been here and the breakers  and much of the wiring had been giving us problems. I have been knowing they needed and upgrade for the last couple of years and had even purchased a new main breaker box last year. I am about 3/4 of the way complete now and most likely will be done by tomorrow. Thanks to some donated wire and things I had been saving throughout the years I have been able to do almost all of the work at no cost to the club (under $20). I am sure if we had to pay an electrician it would of cost us $3,000-$5,000. While it may not be perfect it will pass code.