Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Could we use a memorial garden?

Now that we have took the bull by the horns with our Legacy Tree Program, I was sitting planning and mainly thinking how much more can we do for our memberships needs. I know of other courses building memorial gardens where their members can walk through or sit on a bench and reflect on their loss ones. My questions to you as members is, Would one of these gardens be of an interest to us?  Would it generate enough of an interest to get donations or funding to build. I had always thought that the area behind the club next to the back window of the bar would be a perfect place for a small waterfall pond with plants and a nice bench or two to just sit and relax. I know I could do a great job if given the funding and I would actually enjoy the challenge of making a long lasting impact for our members and club. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail with your thoughts, good or bad.
1turf@comcast.net