Friday, September 24, 2010

Parking lot drain


We have completed the work on the drain in the parking lot. After the water finally went down enough for us to work inside the drain we discovered that there had never been a bottom to the drain. One of the sides had eroded away over the years and was allowing all of the soil to wash into the drainage system. With the help and guidance of Allen Constantine, we were able to pour a new bottom and fill the large hole on the south side of the catch basin with concrete. This morning I had to remove the soil we put inside the basin to hold out the concrete and clean the area up. While we were in the cleaning mode we removed the sand and the rocks from the parking lot too. I will leave the barricade on the drain up to keep heavy vehicles off of it through the weekend while it cures. I am positive I will never have to deal with that catch basin again.  

Thanks Allen, I do not know what I would of done without your assistance!